Here is a simple recipe for crab fried rice that uses quinoa as a rice substitute.
The rule of thumb to cook quinoa is the 2:1 ratio – use 2 cups of water to cook 1 cup of quinoa. For this recipe I recommend substituting 1/4 of water with chicken or vegetable stock.
- 2 cups Quinoa
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup stock
- 1/2 lb crab meat
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon seasoning sauce
- 2 green onions, chopped
- salt and peppeter to taste
- cilantro for garnish
- Bring quinoa, water and stock to boil over high heat.
- Reduce to medium low heat and let simmer for another 15 minutes until quinoa is cooked. Let cool.
- In a wok over medium high heat, add olive oil and butter.
- Add garlic and carrots. Let carrots cook for a few minutes
- Go to high heat, add eggs and stir.
- Add quinoa, crab meat, green onion and mix well.
- Season with soy sauce, seasoning salt and pepper
- Serve hot, add pepper and garnish with cilantro
This “fried rice” and the sauce from Pla Muek Nueng Manao (see previous post) go together so well :) I recommend trying them together! Enjoy ~